Friday, October 22, 2010

The tiniest cucumber


My cucumber plants were anything but bountiful this summer. I pulled them up a few weeks ago, after they had pretty much died. Here's a look at the last of the little suckers, and I mean little!
There's not much growing in the garden right now, though a bunch of bell peppers in various colors are hanging on, as is one lonely eggplant. The arugula is carrying on too.
Some flowers have sprouted on what's left of the cherry tomato plant. Even the eggplant has new flowers. My husband Mitch says they will never bear fruit. I, on the other hand, can't help but hold out a little hope.
Still, if it gets any colder than it was today, I may be out of luck.

2 comments:

meemsnyc said...

That sure is a little cucumber! I also have a tomato plant that is producing flowers too, and I don't have the heart to rip the plant out of the ground... I'll just let mother nature take it's course.

Dirty Girl Gardening said...

Adorable!