Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Will this rain kill my seedlings??

I planted my sweet new pepper and eggplant seedlings last week and the little buggers were looking good. Then all this rain started coming down...and it hasn't stopped...for days. It's raining hard, right now. Every morning I go out and check the plants and they seem to be okay. But I'm getting worried.

We also planted two beautiful blueberry bushes and six window boxes with Impatiens and Petunias. Oh, and we put two new rose bush starters we bought at Home Depot into their pots.

Will this epic deluge destroy my seedlings? What's a gardener to do??

1 comment:

meemsnyc said...

I've been going outside twice a day to check on our seedlings that I planted and all of our new plants. All this rain has worried me also. However, the seedlings seem to love it. Many of them have doubled in size since the rains started.