Monday, November 30, 2009

Valerie Squared (or quadrupled!)

I had dinner this evening at a little Manhattan bistro called Bar Six in the West Village. This is not extraordinary, since eating out in Manhattan is a fairly regular event for most NYC residents. But at this table on this night sat four, count 'em, four Valeries - Valerie Block (that's me) Valerie Smaldone, Valerie Geller and Valerie Romanoff. Each of us career women in creative fields just sharing a meal and a name. Valerie Smaldone and I have been friends for years, and well, she thought it would fun to bring together all the Valeries in her life. I couldn't have agreed more. I'm always tickled when I meet another Valerie - maybe that's because when I was growing up I never ran into any Valeries. There were none in my schools, my family or among my friends. In fact I was in my 20s when I first met another Valerie. When I was in my 30s, a Valerie moved into my building on the West Side. And not just any other Valerie, but another Valerie Block! She's written novels, and people often think I wrote those books. I have to admit that I did not.
Anyway, I found it very amusing to break bread with four Valeries. I think we will do this again - and I'm hoping to bring more of my namesake into the group...so, if you know any cool Valeries in NYC, send them my way...

5 comments:

Valerie Smaldone said...

Thanks for the blog article Valerie! Love it!
I think this might grow into a convention...
And thanks for always being up for an adventure!
Valerie Smaldone (organizer... :)

Valerie Romanoff said...

HI Valerie! I had a wonderful time at our "Valerie's Dinner" and look forward to the next time. Thanks for posting about it! Come visit my blog at www.starlightorchestrasblog.com

Anonymous said...

ehh.. attractive :)

Anonymous said...

perform milwaukee splice topical acrobat spanning extensive minerals definition enactment introducing
semelokertes marchimundui

Anonymous said...

Im only asking this because my friend got an ipod touch and now he has an application for it that lats you use it as a phone(call/texting). and im pretty sure you can put music on your iphone. So, now whats the difference for buying one of them and not the other? can name applications they have and service they get.
[url=http://unlockiphone22.com]unlock iphone[/url]